Tate Pulled From UFC Vegas 40 Headliner

MMA news

Former UFC women’s bantamweight champion Miesha Tate recently tested positive for COVID-19 and was forced to withdraw from her upcoming showdown against Ketlen Vieira, previously booked for the UFC Vegas 40 main event on Sat., Oct. 16, 2021 inside the promotion’s APEX facility in Las Vegas, Nevada.

That’s according to a report from Sherdog.com, which indicates the Tate-Vieira bout could be rescheduled for as early as November, though nothing is official at this time.

Tate (19-7), who turned 35 back in August, ended her five-year hiatus with a successful return to action against the since-retired Marion Reneau, stopping “The Belizean Bruiser” by way of third-round technical knockout in the UFC Vegas 31 co-main event back in July.

As for the 30 year-old Vieira (11-2), she’s looking to bounce back from a unanimous decision loss to Yana Kunitskaya at UFC Vegas 19 last February. “Fenomeno” is no stranger to putting away bantamweight veterans, having previously disposed of Cat Zingano and Sara McMann.

A new main event for UFC Vegas 40 has yet to be determined.

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

Brandon Gibson says Jon Jones’ skill set at all-time high, heavyweight debut will be ‘truly special’
Bellator 284: Goiti Yamauchi KO’s Neiman Gracie, plus full results
Luke Rockhold Goes Off About Fighter Pay, Healthcare, and Says Dana White is ‘Suppressing the Sport’
Dana White REMINDS and WARNS Paulo Costa, that he can FORCE him, UFC champ gets betrayed by friend
Burgos announces UFC departure join PFL

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.