Nate Diaz fires back at Dana White: ‘I’ve been offered zero fights in nine months’

The Underground

Nate Diaz fires back at Dana White: ‘I’ve been offered zero fights in nine months’

Welterweight fan favorite Nate Diaz responded to UFC president Dana White‘s recently comments about the fight promotion not being able to hold fighters hostage.

In an interview with The MMA Hour last week, Diaz said that he felt like he was being held hostage by the UFC. During Saturday’s UFC Long Island Post-fight Press Conference, White responded to Diaz’ statements.

“I’ve said this a million times and I’ll say it again, we can’t hold guys hostage,” White said. “It’s not possible. I owe you three fights a year. If I don’t fight you three times a year I have to pay you. How can I hold him hostage?”

“I have to get him three fights a year. I offer fights. He either accepts them, or turns them down. Obviously I’m not paying him, so I’ve offered him fights.”

Diaz quickly responded to White’s comments via social media.

“Dana said Francis Ngannou was injured and couldn’t fight right now Idk why he was so confused in interview. And in the last 9 months I been offered 0 fights and I asked for 5 legitimate opponents .. Thanks u for the kind words can I go now,” Diaz wrote.

Brian Ortega: ‘I was winning every minute of the fight’

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

Carla Esparza gives health update after PRP procedure, expects to return this winter
Hey, Jake! Free Agent Alvey Teases Paul Meeting
Khamzat Chimaev is not the fight Nate Diaz’ coach wanted
PFL Playoffs 1 Results
Bonuses! Usman, Neal Lead $50K Winners

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.