Bellator 278: Jason Jackson dominated Douglas Lima after a wild night of fights
After a card full of finishes, Douglas Lima and Jason Jackson stepped into the Bellator cage on Friday in Washington and fought five of the most boring rounds of the night.
It was a striker’s delight to start the round before Jackson picked up Lima and slammed him to the canvas with more than half of the round remaining. Now on his back, the former champion struggled to regain his composure. From the top, Jackson was able to land some dangerous elbows but he wasn’t near a finish before the bell signaled the end of the round.
This time Jackson was able to control Lima much faster than in the first round, first pressing him to the cage, then down to his knees, and then eventually fully to the canvas with another big slam. For a moment it looked like Jackson was in danger after Lima got ahold of his arm forcing him to his feet, losing control, and then eating an up kick. But with just over a minute to go, Jackson regained back control and ended the round on the ground.
Round three started with Lima clearly down two rounds. Jackson went for a takedown again but this time Lima remained on his feet, in the clinch. They struggled and fell to the mat where, for the first time in the fight, Lima was on top and Jackson was struggling on the bottom. Jackson worked back to his feet fairly easily and then immediately took Lima back to the canvas for more groundwork.
The fourth and fifth rounds were carbon copies of the first three and the crowd was not happy about it. But Jackson’s game plan was clear and effective, even if a little bit lackluster for the viewers.
Lima missed weight by almost two pounds for his main event bout.
Here are the full results for Bellator 283
Bellator 283 full results
- Jason Jackson defeated Douglas Lima via unanimous decision (50-45 x3)
- Tofiq Musayev defeated Sidney Outlaw via KO, Round 1 – 0:27
- Usman Nurmagomedov defeated Chris Gonzalez via submission (guillotine), Round 1 – 2:54
- Lorenz Larkin vs. Mukhamed Berkhamov declared no contest after accidental illegal blow
- Marcelo Golm defeated Davion Franklin via submission (rear-naked choke), Round 3 – 4:36
- Dalton Rosta defeated Romero Cotton via TKO, Round 3 – 0:38
- Veta Arteaga defeated Vanessa Porto via submission (guillotine), Round 2 – 3:47
- Gadzhi Rabadanov defeated Bobby King via unanimous decision (30-27 x3)
- Akhmed Magomedov defeated Kevin Boehm via submission (rear-naked choke), Round 1 – 1:16
- Roman Faraldo defeated Luis Iniguez via KO, Round 1 – 3:42
- Jaylon Bates defeated Mark Coates via split decision (30-27, 29-28, 28-29)
- Archie Colgan defeated Bryan Nuro via TKO, Round 3 – 1:15