Bellator 284 Weigh-in Results: Three fighters miss weight, one fight canceled
Three fighters missed weight during Friday’s Bellator 284 weigh-ins in Sioux Falls, South Dakota resulting in one fight being removed from the fight card.
Former Bellator MMA women’s flyweight champion Ilima-Lei Macfarlane came in three pounds heavy for is bout against Bruna Ellen. Ellen was given a percentage of Macfarlane’s fight purse and the bout remained on the fight card.
Justine Kish weighed in 2.4 pounds heavy for her flyweight bout against Deanna Bennett. Kish relinquished a percentage of her fight purse to Bennett and the bout remained on the fight card.
Nick Perez missed weight by 1.4 pounds for his lightweight bout against Isaiah Hokit. The fight was cancelled.
Bellator 284 Official Weigh-in Results
MAIN CARD (Showtime, 9 p.m. ET)
- Neiman Gracie (170.4) vs. Goiti Yamauchi (170)
- Valentin Moldavsky (238.2) vs. Steve Mowry (249.8)
- Bruna Ellen (125.6) vs. Ilima-Lei Macfarlane (129)*
- Gokhan Saricam (248.2) vs. Said Sowma (243.3)
- Aaron Jeffery (185) vs. Austin Vanderford (184.4)
PRELIMINARY CARD (MMA Junkie, 6 p.m. ET)
- Marcos Breno (136) vs. Josh Hill (135.8)
- DeAnna Bennett (125.2) vs. Justine Kish (128.4)**
- Sullivan Cauley (205.4) vs. Tyson Jeffries (201.8)
- Pat Downey (186) vs. Keyes Nelson (183.6)
- Isaiah Hokit (154) vs. Nick Perez (157.4)***
- Mark Currier (260.6) vs. Bailey Schoenfelder (227.8)
- Mitchell McKee (135) vs. Tony Ortega (134.6)
*Ilima-Lei Macfarlane was 3 pounds over the flyweight limit; Bruna Ellen received a percentage of Macfarlane’s purse, and the fight will go on
**Justine Kish was 2.4 pounds over the flyweight limit; DeAnna Bennett received a percentage of Kish’s purse, and the fight will go on
***Nick Perez was 1.4 pounds over the lightweight limit; the fight with Isaiah Hokit was canceled