Dillon Danis withdraws from KSI boxing match due to being ‘underprepared,’ manager says

MMA news

Dillon Danis’ return to combat sports will continue to be on hold.

According to Misfits Boxing’s Mams Taylor, who is also part of KSI’s management group, Danis has withdrawn from his scheduled Jan. 14 boxing match against YouTube star KSI in London.

“I got a phone call saying Dillon is pulling out of the fight,” Taylor said in a video statement. “The real reason, from what they said to me, is that he’s underprepared, he has no coach, he might be struggling with weight. For someone who cares about his reputation as much as he does, or what people think of him, I didn’t think that this would be something despite many people saying the opposite, ‘He’s not going to show up to the fight.’ They were right.’”

The news comes days after Danis, who skipped a pre-fight news conference last month, said in an interview with Chael Sonnen that behind-the-scenes tactics were being used to put him at a disadvantage in the ring.

After being skeptical about the “fishy” lead-up to the event, Danis recently said that if the fight did fall through, he would look to return to MMA. The 29-year-old is still under contract with Bellator but hasn’t competed since submitting Max Humphrey in June 2019.

Danis did not immediately respond to MMA Junkie’s request for comment about the situation.

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

MMA Twitter roasted Kelvin Gastelum over failed Conor McGregor, Caitlyn Jenner joke
Conor McGregor accused of attacking woman on his yacht in July: ‘He is a criminal’
Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury official for Feb. 26 in Saudi Arabia
Glover Teixeira: ‘Sleep Good Tonight and Go After it Tomorrow’ | UFC 283 w/ Megan Olivi
UFC vet Eric Spicely says Power Slap League pay ‘f****** nuts’

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *